From the 25th May 2018 the laws on data protection changed with the introduction of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In order to fully comply with the new regulations, we must have your permission to hold, store and use your personal data.
The Types of Personal Data we will collect and use
As part of the initial registration and consent of a new patient, we will collect information relating to the following.
· Personal contact details (e.g. Home address, Email address, Home and mobile phone numbers)
· General Personal details such as date of birth
· Medical details including medical history and medication taken.
Using your Personal Information
Your data will only be accessed by personnel associated with Luton Foot Care. This includes both employed staff and associated self-employed practitioners.
· The information held will be used to ensure continued safe practice and maintain accurate treatment records.
· For contacting patients. This will include appointment reminders via phone, text or email.
· Marketing and offers from Luton Foot Care.
· Referral to other professional persons (i.e. Doctors or other medical professionals)
Sharing of Personal Data
Your data will never be sold or shared with third parties outside the clinic
Removal of Data
Luton Foot Care will retain and maintain accurate records of your personal data for the purpose of providing safe and appropriate treatments on an ongoing basis. However, should a patient not attend the clinic for a 24-month period then they will be deemed to be ‘inactive’. After an additional 60 months (7 years in total) all data connected to that patient will be permanently and securely destroyed.
© Copyright 2019 Luton Foot Care - All Rights Reserved.
Web design and development by Andrew Aubury